Thursday 15 April 2010

Wicked witch of the west goes to the sea...


Thank you for the welcome back but ah I spoke too soon, the lovely internet went off and when it did come back refused to let me into anything I wanted to see. Added to being too ill to write I embarked on a course of the grumps resembling the wicked witch of the west with very bad PMT. The only highlight of last week was getting myself to the RNA chapter lunch and chatting to some really lovely and inspiring writers, one of whom has the same editor who gave me the famed Business Card.
Fired up about submitting my partial and the upcoming RNA conference even the 40 minute wait in the cold for the taxi that failed to turn up (snark ;-) couldn't totally quench the flame. Although I find nothing more irritating than burning to write and being, for whatever reason, unable to. Thankfully a last minute weekend trip to one of my favourite beaches helped bring me out of the grumps. Sod anger management, give me a bit of sunshine any day! And after a really annoying enforced rest I feel I can write today. Hooray!

Oh, and the dogs enjoyed themselves too!

9 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

So glad you got to enjoy some sunshine. Having the RNA conference to look foward to is also keeping me going right now!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Hey, love the new look! It's fun playing around with backgrounds etc. Glad to have you back again, m'dear. And submitting again...;-)

Rachael Johns said...

Absolutely nothing like catching up with fellow writers now is there!?

Love the new look blog btw!

Maya Blake said...

Ooh, that beach looks lovely, Lorraine, I'm totally jealous! Glad you enjoyed it. Loving the new blog look too.

Caroline said...

New format looks fab. Love your dog - he's having a whale of a time out there in the sand. Caroline x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Great photos, Lorraine. And the blog looks good, too.

XX

Lacey Devlin said...

Great makeover. I'll have to get in on these new backgrounds :D

Sally Clements said...

Yay! the beach! Trust you didn't get into the water, otherwise there'd be shouts of 'I'm melting!' Blog looks lovely. Fingers crossed the internet starts behaving soon...

Lorraine said...

How strange, it says 8 comments but it will only let me see three!
Thanks Suz and Lacey - I can't take credit for the background, I found the shabby blog background via Romy.
LOL Sally, think the witch is dead, finally!

And thanks to the other five 'ghosts' whose comments are invisible!