Sunday 20 December 2009

There's always the squirrels...

Things that are making me smile:
  • Father Christmas has brought me an early present to cover the time of day the main heater in the house decides it's done a full day's work (about 11:30 a.m.) and the time of day I can decently climb under the duvet and switch the electric blanket on (6:30 p.m. is the earliest so far!). I hasten to add it's faux fur (and not squirrel fur, I'll get to them in a minute).

  • The friendship and support of my writing friends. How did I do this before I knew you all I wonder? I'm proud to be a part of a new writing group and looking forward to a New Year with exciting challenges.

7 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

That's cute, Lorraine! If slightly disturbing. :-)
Let's hope next year is a great one for all of us eh? I reckon we deserve it.

Joanne Coles said...

Very realistic looking, Lorraine! But very cute :-)

I totally second you on the writing friends, don't know what I would have done without meeting everyone.

So things that make me smile--having a friend like you :-)

Sally Clements said...

I love the badger too! Lovely Christmassy post, getting me in the mood, although I'm worried about my mum who's setting off from Gatwick on her own tommorrow to get here! So glad to have writing friends too, its nice to all be in the same boat.

Kate Hardy said...

Brilliant video, Lorraine - thanks for sharing.

All the best for Christmas and may the new year bring you some fairydust.

Lorraine said...

Here's a virtual toast to good news for us next year Jackie.

Aw Jo, you're a sweetie :-)

Hi Sally, I hope your mum arrives safely and you can have a relaxing time.

Oh thanks Kate and thanks for visiting.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I like the look of that hot water bottle - I've been wrapping mine in an M&S coolbag so I can fill it with boiling water and it stays warm for as long as poss (I take it out with me in the car), but that cover looks much nicer.

XX

Lorraine said...

I've never thought of doing that Suzanne, I suspect you need it at the moment where you are. It's set to turn cold next week too. I think I'll be keeping my new bottle constantly filled!