Monday 28 September 2009

Layer Cake

Okay, so this post isn't actually about cake, sorry! But I knew cake would get your attention :-)

It is however, about layering. As in how could I possibly have forgotten about it? You know, Kate Walker, the onion, and Shrek ;-)

Duh!

Anyway, thanks to Jackie for reminding me. I got so het up about making all my conflicts clear instantly that I forgot about only revealing the upper layer of the conflict first - then I can unravel it as the story unfolds, making it worse and worse until the Black Moment hits.

So I pruned, shpuggled a bit about the fact my CPs were right (again!), dumped some loved text into my cut text document, promising myself I'd use it somewhere else. Sigh. 
And now I have a better chapter, one within the competition word limit too. In fact I'm in such a good mood I'm going to let you have your cake after all :-)

6 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Ooooh, cake. I love cake and that's a cake and a half.

XX

Joanne Coles said...

Mmm chocolate cake--my favourite. And this is the best kind :-)

Great post and glad you've got within your limit, I couldn't figure that out :-(

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yummmmmmmyyyy! Thanks for the cake. It was delish. And so is your chapter. :-)

Caroline said...

Thanks for the cake. I'll have a small piece please - oh well ok then - make it a large slice. Good luck on the comp entry. I'm tweeking my chapter as I type! Take care. Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

Great cake! I'm a total chocoholic in reform so I'll now be stalking your blog just so I can drool over that picture ;)

Lorraine said...

Help yourselves to as much cake as you want :-)